MH PAROINON

Denny A Diehl dd-1 at juno.com
Sat Jan 18 12:11:25 EST 2003

Denny Diehl here

Thank you for the replies:

> MH PAROINON
> MH OINWi POLLWi PROSEXONTAS
>
> which simply translates as "not devoted to much [excessive ?] wine".
> I would suggest that this is simply an alternate manner of expressing
> the same thing.

I guess what is throwing me off is POLLWi.  I would thing that MH
PAROINON would be the same as MH OINWi PROSEXONTAS,
but with POLLWi, that would seem to give an amount to the later,
which, to me, would suggest a lesser amount for the former, i.e.,
MN PAROINON.  For some reason, Timothy was not drinking any
wine at all, but was told to use a little wine... (same as MH POLLWi ?)
and Timothy's former practice might be considered MH PAROINON.

All the best.