FW: A tip on the alphabet

William Gardner billgardner at clubinternetk.com
Fri Jan 17 09:51:41 EST 2003

My wife pointed out to me that the letters of the Greek alphabet fit well
into the song "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", which I used to help my
beginning Greek students learn the names:

"Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta,
Epsilon, Dzeta, Eta, Theta,
Iota, Kappa, Lambda, Mu,
Nu, Xi, Omicron, Pi,
Rho, Sigma, Tau, Upsilon,
Phi, Chi, Psi, Omega"

It also has the advantage of grouping together two "triplets" that rhyme,
i.e. "Dzeta, Eta, Theta" and "Phi, Chi, Psi".

Bill Gardner