Any tips?

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Thu Jan 16 15:58:44 EST 2003

Forwarded for George Somsel <Polycarp66 at aol.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:04:30 EST

In a message dated 1/16/2003 1:18:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nealmassey at yahoo.com writes:

>I am just trying to learn the basics in Greek.  Do you
>have any tips?  I'm just now working on learning the
>alphabet.  I do enjoy lurking out here and admire yall
>for your knowledge in the Greek.  I hope someday to be
>able to be able to ask an intelligent question.  Any
>help you may be able to offer would be apreciated.

The most important thing you can do is to begin as soon as you are able to
read Greek.  After that you need to read Greek.  Then read Greek.

Read all kinds of Greek:  Read Homer.  Read Plato.  Read the NT.  Read the
Fathers. But read, Read, READ -- REGUALARLY.

gfsomsel