Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Wed Jan 15 05:00:25 EST 2003

At 11:39 PM -0600 1/14/03, Steven R. Lo Vullo wrote:
>On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 09:36 AM, waldo slusher wrote:
>
>> On occasion, I see RESPONSES to a post, but not the
>> original post. Are others experiencing that? If not,
>> maybe I have some setting issues to be addressed at my
>> end.
>>
>> --- Barry Hofstetter <nebarry at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>I also did not receive the post to which Barry responded.

The explanation for this phenomenon lies in the settings used by the
respondent for e-mail; a response may reach an original sender without
having been sent to the list--unless one has the "reply to all" option
turned on--, or it may reach the list considerably later than the original
sender received it and zipped off another response.

cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu OR cwconrad at ioa.com
WWW: http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/