Use of MHTI GE in 1 Cor 6.3

Steven R. Lo Vullo slovullo at mac.com
Tue Jan 14 01:38:39 EST 2003

Hi all:

1Cor. 6.3 OUK OIDATE hOTI AGGELOUS KRINOUMEN, MHTI GE BIWTIKA?

I'm a bit confused about the use of MHTI in this sentence. I would
expect it to introduce a question that expects a negative answer, but
that can't be the case here. I notice that while NA27 has MHTI GE, UBS4
has MHTIGE (one word). Does this make a difference? Also, do you think
MHTI GE BIWTIKA should be a separate sentence? And what is the implied
verb in the clause? Is it KRINOUMEN or something else? Any help would
be appreciated.