HMEIN

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Sun Jan 12 07:26:57 EST 2003

At 8:11 PM -0500 1/11/03, Bill Barton wrote:
>I notice in Sinaiticus the scribe writes HMEIN instead of HMIN in Luke 1:1
>and Luke 1:2 (Bartsch, "Codex Bezae versus Codex Sinaiticus," 1984)
>

>Should this be construed as a misspelling or as an alternate spelling?

This is indeed a matter of orthography: pronunciation of HMEIN and HMIN was
identical and the substitution of EI or I for one another is not uncommon.

Please note also that your original message was in MIME/HTML formatting
which is not permissible on B-Greek; please send messages to the list in
plain-text ASCII formatting only, thanks.

cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu OR cwconrad at ioa.com
WWW: http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/