ANASTASIS NEKRWN vs ANASTATIS EK NEKRWN

waldo slusher waldoslusher at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 11 18:44:43 EST 2003

> >Is there any difference between ANASTATIS NEKRWN
> (Acts 23:6) and
> >EKANASTASIS EK NEKRWN (Phil 3.11)?

In Phil 3:11, Paul expresses his desire to attain this
resurrection with EI PWS. If (not pun intended) this
phrase denotes a conditional, then it could not be a
reference to Paul's anticipated bodily resurrection.
Elsewhere, Paul indicated that he would take part in
this resurrection. I would imagine then that this
EKANASTASIS has something to do with Paul's current
life on earth during his ministry. And I would further
assume it has something to do with, not a physical
resurrection of the body, but some other kind of
resurrection. What "other kind" of resurrection he
cites here is unknown to us today. This view I have
stated here of course assumes Paul is at least
consistent with his own teachings on this subject.

=====
Waldo Slusher
Calgary, AL