Greek Songs for Learning

Brian McCarthy mccartbs at utrc.utc.com
Fri Jan 10 16:36:44 EST 2003

> Is anyone aware of any good learning songs for Greek memorization

John 1:1-3 goes nicely to the tune of "The Itsy Bitsy Spider":

EN ARXH HN hO LOGOS
KAI hO LOGOS HN PROS TON QEON
KAI QEOS HN hO LOGOS
hOUTOS HN EN ARXH
PROS TON QEON
PANTA DI AUTOU EGENETO
KAI XORIS AUTOU EGENETO
OUDE hEN

I once pointed this out to a clergyperson and suggested that we could do
it during the service.  She didn't think it was such a good idea...

... but I say, why not?  I say the Itsy Bitsy Spider is an inspiring
example of hUPOMONH.  When the storms of life wash you down the water
spout, just wait for the sun to come back out, then climb right back up!
Go to the Itsy Bitsy Spider, thou sluggard!

Brian McCarthy (wondering why they've never asked me to preach)
mccartbs at utrc.utc.com