Attached files: please DON'T send them to the list

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Fri Jan 10 07:26:29 EST 2003

At 7:21 AM -0500 1/10/03, Barry Hofstetter wrote:
> [...]

I'm not sure whether the MailMan list software to which we'll be migrating
before the end of this month handles attachments correctly or not, but I
rather think that Jonathan and Carlton and I will want to maintain the
policy of rejecting HTML/MIME formatting and attached files. The attached
file yesterday did indeed open up readily in MSWD for me, but it showed up
as gobbledygook in the web-site's version (which I deleted from the
archive) and would have shown up the same way in the digest for Jan. 10.

cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu OR cwconrad at ioa.com
WWW: http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/