Attached files: please DON'T send them to the list

Barry Hofstetter nebarry at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 10 07:21:14 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl W. Conrad" <cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu>
To: "Biblical Greek" <b-greek at franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 6:00 AM
Subject: [b-greek] Attached files: please DON'T send them to the list

> New list-members  probably aren't accustomed to our procedures on B-Greek;
> we ask list-members please NOT to send ATTACHED FILES to the list as they
> will not go into the archives but appear as gobbledygook both in the
> version posted on our web-site which and in the digest sent out at the end
> of each day to those who receive the digest.

That's interesting -- I received Manie's file attachment as a proper file
attachment.

Will this issue be addressed in the software upgrade, or is it intentional on
the part of the listowners to strip file attachments (I certainly don't mind --
cuts down on the possibility of viruses).

N.E. Barry Hofstetter

Fecisti nos ad te et inquietum est cor nostrum, donec requiescat in te...
    -- Augustine, Confessions 1:1

http://home.earthlink.net/~nebarry