Revelation 1:8, Alpha

David&Karen Beaulieu DKKC at attbi.com
Wed Jan 8 13:09:59 EST 2003

Thanks, Trevor.  I guess I never really connected a specific picture to each
letter.  Is any of the original sense of the pictures retained in the single
letters now in Greek, or at the time of the NT writing?   When the Lord used
"ALPHA" would the further sense of "ox" or "leader" have been conveyed, or
would it have been more of a symbolic capturing of a simple (or surface) "A
to Z" type of metaphor?
               Karen W. Beaulieu
               New Hampshire