Sorry for Repeat

Glendon M. Gross gross at xinetd.com
Wed Jan 8 10:20:27 EST 2003

I believe this is happening because somehow the address that is used to
subscribe to the list is subscribed as a list member.  Therefore each
post will also be sent to the subscribe address until that address is
unsubscribed.

One possible rationale for doing this would be to ensure that all
incoming posts are posted to the list, even if the person posting is not
yet subscribed.  I recall that previously (before this started
happening) my posts were being rejected if I submitted them with the
wrong  return address.  After this started happening, all my posts have
been successful.  I just delete the "Subscribe Failed" message.  But I
also get duplicate messages from the list because two of my e-mail
addresses are each subscribed.

I decided that I don't mind receiving two copies of each post in case I
accidentally delete one.  It gives me a backup copy of each post to b-greek.