2 Cor 6:1

Steve Lovullo SLovullo at etcconnect.com
Tue Jan 7 10:26:12 EST 2003

Let me try this one more time (haven't finished my first cup of coffee
yet!). Considering that PARAKALEW in this type of construction introduces an
infinitive in indirect command or prohibition, it appears obvious to me that
the sense of PARAKALEW in these cases must be something along the lines of
"urge." This would have the same sense as an imperative in an exhortation.

Steve Lo Vullo