APESTALMENOI inJohn 1:24

Richard Ghilardi qodeshlayhvh at juno.com
Thu Jan 2 21:52:23 EST 2003

Dear Bert,

This is not the aorist. It's the perfect. Note the accent on the penult
in your Greek text. Reduplication in the perfect is not dropped in the
non-finite moods because it is part of the perfect stem, not a temporal
augment. In this case reduplication is replaced by a non-temporal augment
which, as I've said, is not dropped in the participle. So the E is
retained in all the non-finite moods. The aorist participle would be
APOSTEILA/MENOI.

Yours in His grace,

Richard Ghilardi -- qodeshlayhvh at juno.com
New Haven, CT USA