Condition of the first class (correction)

Paul S Dixon dixonps at juno.com
Thu Jan 2 12:18:33 EST 2003

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:11:45 -0500 "Ray Angus" <rayangus at concentric.net>
writes:
> Dear all, I am new to this list.  I would like to hear your thoughts
> upon
> the word if as used in Col. 1:23
> Thank you, Ray Angus

Oops, my eye dropped down two lines, rather than one, in transcribing
from the Nestle's text.  The example from 1 Cor 15:13 is, EI DE ANASTASIS
NEKRWN OUK ESTIN.

By the way, the application to Col. 1:23 is simply that one cannot infer
from the first class conditional there that one may or may not actually
continue in the faith.  It just says what will happen if one does
continue in the faith.  Kind of like B necessarily follows from A given
the conditional:  If A, then B.

Paul Dixon, Pastor
First Presbyterian Church (PCA)
Camden, AL