Accent of A-Declension

Albert Pietersma albert.pietersma at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 1 20:52:37 EST 2003

Actually you might find it useful to go one step farther back than Carl has gone,
namely to -ASWN (cf. Latin -arum), since that ties the phenomenon into a broadly
based phonological rule in Greek, namely, the loss of intervocalic sigma. For a set
of basic rules please feel free to check my webpage at
http://www.chass.utoronto.ca:8080/~pietersm/ Then go to Course Material/Handouts/ #12

Al