Flashbacks

boyd at huxcomm.net boyd at huxcomm.net
Wed Jan 1 10:56:48 EST 2003

Iver wrote:
<Does Greek always use aorist to indicate flashbacks? Or maybe I
should rather ask: Are flashbacks never overtly marked in the tense
system, but indicated by GAR and context? I would be interested
in more detail about how Greek indicates flashback. Flashbacks
are also off the story-line.>

Iver,

I've been thinking about this too.  I've been studying Mark 14:1-9,
and based on the parallel in John 12:1-8, I think that Mark 14:3
must indicate a flashback, which is introduced by a gen. abs.

KAI ONTOS AUTOU EN BHQANIAi EN THi OIKIAi SIMWNOS
TOU LEPROU . . .

Just thought I'd mention something I've been looking at.

Jonathan Boyd
Huxley, IA