[B-Greek] 1 Cor. 7:11 "EAN DE KAI CWRISQH"

Roe d.roe at t-online.de
Fri Feb 7 17:38:16 EST 2003

Greetings B-Greeks,

According to my limited Greek knowledge, it seems that most translations
disregard the aorist tense of EAN DE KAI CWRISQH in 1 Corinthians 7:11.
That is, to me it seems Paul's message to the Corinthians addresses the
case where the reader or hearer of his letter "has ALREADY separated"
from her husband -- and not that he is presenting the possibility of
seperation for those Corinthians who upon the receipt of Paul's letter
had not yet separated.

Thanks for showing me grammatical considerations I'm not yet aware of!

David

D.W. Roe
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany