Rom 3:24 EN CRISTWi IHSOU

richard smith rbsads at aol.com
Sun May 26 23:21:16 EDT 2002

Rom 3:24 DIKAIOUMENOI DWREAN THi AUTOU CARITI DIA THS APOLUTRWSEWS THS EN
CRISTWi IHSOU.

This use of EN CRISTWi seemed interesting to me. I am somewhat aware that
Paul uses the phrase in multiple ways, but is it typical to refer to Jesus
as in Christ?

The translations do not seem to render the phrase in English with any
special significance. But surely Paul had some intention with the phrase?

I searched the archives, expecting to find something of a discussion of EN
CRISTWi.  The search did not find any discussion of the phrase either in
general or specifically as IHSOUS EN CRISTWi.

EN CRISTWi,

Richard Smith
Chattanooga, TN