Morphology of Biblical Greek

Brent Hudson brent at riveroflifembchurch.com
Thu May 23 09:45:06 EDT 2002

The first 61 pages contain the rules (47 if you don't count accents).  I think the best way to use the book is inductively.  When you locate a form in the GNT that you don't understand, you can look up the root in the index of MBG and then read about that class of word in the body of the text.  By understanding how that specific word is formed, you learn an entire class of words.  All of the explanations of morphology in MBG are based on the rules found in the first 47 pages.  I'm surprised you didn't notice this since even the back cover clearly lists the five divisions of the book (of which #1 is: "The rules that determine how Greek words change").

Brent Hudson