Perfective, Imperfective, and Iterative

Harry W. Jones hjbluebird at aol.com
Tue May 21 16:33:27 EDT 2002

Dear Mark,

I was hoping that you could explain your hypothesis in terms that
I could understand. For example, my Greek grammar book defines Aktionsart
as Durative, Punctiliar and State of completion. So a verb action
in the Indicative mood would equal Time plus Aktionsart. And
a verb in the in the other moods would only equal Aktionsart. So it looks
to me like Aspect would be defined as Time plus Aktionsart. So this would
mean that a verb in the indicative would have Aspect but one in another
mood would have only Aktionsart action.

So could you explain what you mean more simply?

Harry Jones