Perfective, Imperfective, and Iterative

Mark Wilson emory2oo2 at hotmail.com
Tue May 21 08:45:29 EDT 2002

Harry:

I should probably take most of the blame. I really think
I was using terms as understood by SOME linguists, as well
as using the same terms as Webster would define them.
I did try to define my terms, but in a later posting, after
the confusion had already settled in  :o )

And I think Carl is exactly right. I think someone needs to
standardize the linguistic terms so we can all get on with
perfecting our understanding of them and their usages.

Olsen does not use a term like "nesting." Kimmo does. So we
also have to take that into consideration. But since their
are linguists all over the world, I think it will take quite
a while before some standardized textbook appears.

Sorry for adding to the confusion.

Mark Wilson