Linguistics:A real eye opener

Harry W. Jones hjbluebird at aol.com
Mon May 20 06:55:45 EDT 2002

Someone, it might have been Wayne, suggested that I take a look
at Linguistics. So I bought two books on the subject. And I found
Linguistics to be a real eye opener on Lexical Semantics.

For example, a certain translation translates KOLASIS as 'cutting-off'
which is the original meaning of the word. But according to Linguistics
that would be an etymological fallacy. Words have to be taken in their
their current up todate meaning since the meanings of words evolve over
a period of time.

Harry Jones