Acts 16:25

Vincent M. Setterholm Vincents at minn.net
Sat May 18 16:38:26 EDT 2002

Right, and that is certainly in line with what Bauer says about the word.
Can anyone think of a good reason why hUMNEW is not handled this way in Heb
2:12 (NIV or NASB)?  (Understanding that this isn't a forum for critiquing
English translations, just wondering if anyone sees anything in the Greek
that I am missing that could support those readings.)  I am just starting to
learn Hebrew, but when I look at Psalm 22:23, where Hebrews 2:12 seems to be
quoting, the second person singular masculine suffix on halel seems to
indicate 'to' here as well.

Vincent Setterholm