Books for Beginners

Polycarp66 at aol.com Polycarp66 at aol.com
Fri May 17 00:27:10 EDT 2002

In a message dated 5/16/2002 11:05:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
andrewwcarlson at nctimes.net writes:

   I am quite familiar with the Greek Alphabet and the other basics, but I
have soooo much to learn yet. Which one of these books would be the very
best for me to get?

GGBB is not a beginner's book (It's also not an advanced grammar, but
intermediate).  Which you get would depend upon how much you already know.  I
never used Mounce since it was written long after I learned Greek so I'll say
nothing about how advanced it is (or isn't, as the case may be).  I would
suggest you go to your friendly neighborhood Borders Books and spend some
time browsing through them to form your own opinion.

gfsomsel