Lexical Semantics Methods

c stirling bartholomew cc.constantine at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 15 23:49:22 EDT 2002

on 5/15/02 8:26 PM, c stirling bartholomew wrote:

Perhaps some people from east of the Cascades might find the spelling of
"athority" hard to accept. It is a central Puget Sound spelling of the more
common word authority. Some linguists have gone to the trouble of dispelling
the common but mistaken notion that Puget Sound is the only place in America
that does not have an accent. We do speak with an accent. If I were to
arrive in Dallas Texas the first time I said something someone would turn to
me and say, your from Seattle aren't you?

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point