1st post question 1 Corinthians 9:27

Debbie McChesney perry at globalriver.com
Thu May 9 11:11:53 EDT 2002

In the last part of 1 Corinthians 9:27 I would like to know why "autos" is
translated "I myself". I looked in at least 10 different translations and
they all say "I myself" but I thought "autos" was 3rd person singular and
should be he or it. I am a real beginner in Greek and only know a few
words, the alphabet and how to use the Strong's and Arndt/Gingrich
lexicon. I do have the English hexpla which has the Greek at the top and
also the septuagint in Greek and the English Sir Lancelot translation.
Thank you for any helpful replies,
Debbie McChesney