CWRIZESQAI Acts 1:4

Clwinbery at aol.com Clwinbery at aol.com
Thu May 9 06:23:09 EDT 2002

In a message dated 5/8/02 10:03:28 PM, rbsads at aol.com writes:

>KAI SUNALIZOMENOS PARHGGEILEN AUTOIS APO hIEROSOLUMWN MH CWRIZESQAI
>
>Does CWRIZESQAI mean here anything more that departing from the city?
>Is
>there a stronger implied separation that Jesus prohibited? Perhaps
>something that might make the reference to Jerusalem have here a
>significance beyond the city proper?

15:49 XWRIZWc: to separate from, as the result of motion away from--'to
depart, to leave.'

Then they cite Acts 1:4.

I think that anything more than this would get into theological
interpretations of the whole context. As far as the Greek, the meaning is to
depart the ciry.

Carlton Winbery
Louisiana College