Mt 18:3 double negative??!?

Dylan Potter dylan_potter at hotmail.com
Wed May 8 17:23:48 EDT 2002

How should we understand the strong double negative: hO MH
 which Jesus used in such passages such as Mt 18:3?  I'm preaching on this
section in a month, and I've discovered this device more than once in the
NT....could we say "not not"?  There has to be a way to describe it to the
congregation which surpasses the typical "never" translation....thanks for
the help!

[Dylan Potter -- name added by moderator; new list-members please
note that B-Greek protocol requires a full-name signature to be
appended to all messages sent to the list.  --cwc]