God so loved the world

richard smith rbsads at aol.com
Thu May 2 06:40:25 EDT 2002

Thanks for everyone's comments.  One of the benefits of this list is that
it teaches people like me who are beginning their second year of Greek
self study that we (I) cannot be too certain of our (my) readings.

I simply have not learned enough of the Greek useages and nuances to rely
on my reading of the Greek.

It however is interesting to me that the English "God so loved the world"
can just as well, in my mind, accomodate result as it can accomodate
extent.

It is only that I had not ever opened my ears to hear the possibility of
result until I reading the passage in Greek.

Peace,

Richard Smith
Chattanooga, TN