OT. R.T. France

Jeffrey B. Gibson jgibson000 at attbi.com
Thu Mar 28 22:01:50 EST 2002

Mark Wilson wrote:

> Jeffrey:
>
> ------
> >It's R.T. France, not Frank. And his CV should be online at the University
> >of Oxford
> >site.
> -----
>
> My mistake! I apologize for my hasty posting. I did go to the
> web site and was unable to find his CV. It was on their web site
> that I found someone to email with that question about
> his credentials.
>
> Are you familiar with his background. I would like to read
> this commentary in that it appears to be done word by word
> through the Greek.

France was, until his retirement recently, the Principal of Wycliffe Hall,
Oxford. He is the author of _Jesus and the Old Testament_ and _Matthew:
Evangelist and Teacher_ among other works. He is the co-editor of The New Bible
Commentary.

I'm not certain of this, but I believe he did his doctoral work under I.H.
Marshal.

Yours,

Jeffrey

--