2 Thess. 2:3

Mark Wilson emory2oo2 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 25 00:40:36 EST 2002

2:2
EIS TO MH TACEWS SALEUQHNAI hUMAS APO TOU NOOS,
MHTE QROEISQAI MHTE DIA PNEUMATOS
MHTE DIA LOGOU MHTE DI' EPISTOLHS hWS DI' hHMWN
hWS hOTI ENESTHKEN hH hHMERA TOU CRISTOU

2:3
MH TIS hUMAS EXAPATHSHi KATA MHDENA TROPON
hOTI EAN MH ELQHi Hh APOSTASIA PRWTON
KAI APOKALUFQHi hO ANQRWPOS TAS hAMARTIAS
hO hUIOS THS APWLEIAS

According to an article I read this weekend,
the apodosis that needs to be supplied from
verse 2 for verse 3 should be:

"the Day of the Lord is not present"

(rather than, "that day shall not come")

Since the supplied apodosis is not stated as
such in verse 2, I am wondering how such an
argument could be made?

If this supplied apodosis is a possibility, then I have
a follow up question. But I will hold that for now.

Thanks,

Mark Wilson