FineReader 6.0 for Greek

Brent Hudson brent at riveroflifembchurch.com
Fri Mar 22 07:08:01 EST 2002

I have found that FineReader does a great job for montonic (only accute) Greek but it really doesn't know what to do for polytonic Greek (Classical or Koine).  For this, Anagnostis is supposed to be the best there is.  Unfortunately, the demo for Anagnostis disables it's OCR abilities, so you can test everything EXCEPT how accurate it is.  They do provide example graphics and the resulting documents and if what they are saying is correct, it looks very very good indeed.  The downside is that Anagnostis is rather expensive.  They do have good discounts for academics and for clergy.

Brent Hudson