Transposed Rho and Delta Letter?

Polycarp66 at aol.com Polycarp66 at aol.com
Wed Mar 20 18:55:42 EST 2002

In a message dated 3/20/2002 11:42:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
aei_didaskomenos at hotmail.com writes:

The symbols D and P may be graphically similar, but given that in the
original Greek alphabet delta is represented not by "D" but by an
equilateral triangle, I don't think one could easily confuse the letters
in question.

I don't believe that there was any thought of visual confusion (perhaps
mental).  I have heard people transpose letters when speaking.  I would
suppose this could equally well be done when writing.

gfsomsel