Constituents in the "wrong places"?

B. Ward Powers bwpowers at optusnet.com.au
Tue Mar 19 01:00:58 EST 2002

At 08:30 PM 020317 -0800, Glenn Blank wrote:

>FWIW, the Byzantine txt and TR have in Mr 4.30b . . .
>
>. . . EN POIA PARPABOLH PARABALWMEN AUTHN,
>
>with the noun phrase not interrupted.  I don't know which mss support that
>reading.
>
>As Iver pointed out, having a noun phrase interrupted by other words or
>phrases is fairly common.  But NA's Mr 4.30 be seems extreme, even for Greek
>-- you have not only and noun separated from it's adjective,

For your information: "its" does not have an apostrophe except when it is
an abbreviation for "it is" or "it has". Not when, like here, it is simply
a possessive. Anymore than you would put an apostrophe in other possessive
pronouns like "hi's" or "her's" or "your's" - there is no apostrophe in
pronouns.

Regards,

Ward

                                http://www.netspace.net.au/~bwpowers
Rev Dr B. Ward Powers        Phone (International): 61-2-8714-7255
259A Trafalgar Street          Phone (Australia): (02) 8714-7255
PETERSHAM  NSW  2049      email: bwpowers at optusnet.com.au
AUSTRALIA.                         Director, Tyndale College