Bible Software- Powerful Search Engine?

c stirling bartholomew cc.constantine at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 14 13:59:13 EST 2002

on 3/14/02 7:28 AM, Moon-Ryul Jung wrote:

> S -> NP VP
> VP -> VP ADV
> VP -> V NP
> ADV -> Prep NP
> NP -> ....
>
> I wonder if there are any search engines where I type in  a sentence or
> phrase pattern at levels higher than word levels. For example, I would
> like to request: search sentences which have the pattern of the form
> NP VP Participial. Or VP epi NP Or VP eis NP or VP en NP, etc.

Moon,

You early-Chomsky guys always want to build trees. You can seach for NP's
and VP's in Accordance if you are smart enought to define your own NP/VP
rules using the construct window. If you have been doing early-Chomsky for a
few decades this should not be too difficult. Your rules will not cover
everything possible NP/VP but with a little care they can do what you want
them to do.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew