Luke 10:24 tenses of the infinitives

Rob Matlack united_by_truth at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 16:50:37 EST 2002

Luke 10: 24 says in part
POLLOI PROFHTAI KAI BASILEIS HQELHSAN IDEIN hA
hUMEIS BLEPETE, KAI OUK EIDON, KAI AKOUSAI hA AKOUETE, KAI OUK HKOUSAN

Why is IDEIN a present form and AKOUSAI an aorist. They seem to be
completely parallel. Is this because IDEIN, though present in form,
functions as an aorist?

Rob Matlack	     united_by_truth at yahoo.com
Minneapolis, KS
"I can only say that I am nothing but a poor sinner, trusting in Christ
alone for salvation"--R. E. Lee
"It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on
it's behalf."--Blaise Pascal