DOMATA in Mal 1:3

Andrew.Wergeland at mf.no Andrew.Wergeland at mf.no
Tue Jan 29 06:03:48 EST 2002

As far as I can tell, the word DOMATA (in Mal 1:3) is accusative plural of
the neuter noun DOMA and means "gifts".  Brenton (according to BibleWorks)
translates it as "dwellings" and is supported in this by a commentary on
Malachi by D. L. Petersen.  I see the similarity between the words DOMA and
DOMOS, but is it possible to understand DOMATA as a form of DOMOS?

--
Stud.Theol. Andrew Wergeland
Fakultetslærar (vik.) - Det gamle testamentet (Hebraisk) /

Det teologiske Menighetsfakultet /
The Nowegian Lutheran School of Theology
Postboks 5144, Majorstua
N-0302 OSLO

Tlf: (+47) 22 59 05 00 (sentralbord/switchboard)  / 22 59 06 10
(direkte/office)
Fax: (+47) 22 69 18 90
E-mail: Andrew.Wergeland at mf.no