1 Tim 2:7

Daniel Streett danstreett at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 16:55:27 EST 2002

Iver,

Either (1) or (2) does the trick, but I think (1) is probably the best. (1) would refer back to
verse 4 ('knowledge of the truth') and reflect the objective use of 'faith' in the PE. (2) would
be redundant since 7c would then be restating the interjected oath of v7 (ALHQEIAN LEGW OU
YEUDOMAI).

Daniel Streett
Yale University