Looking for examples of "arche' as "origin"

Edward Otte edotte at optonline.net
Sun Jan 27 05:04:08 EST 2002

Hello,

I am involved in a study of Revelation 3:14 in connection to 'arche' and
its deeper meaning beyond "beginning." Very few examples can be found in
the Bible in which a clear example with the meaning of "origin" or
"source" can be found. I started reading the the Apostolic Fathers for
examples and have found one such example. I do know that many lexicons do
list "origin" as a third meaning so examples are not just popping off the
pages. I would appreciate it if anyone could point me to a few.

Thanks,
Edward [Otte: New list-members please take note: BG Protocol requires a
full-name signature to be appended to messages sent to the list. ]