John 20:28

c stirling bartholomew cc.constantine at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 25 15:07:15 EST 2002

on 1/25/02 9:13 AM, Randy wrote:

> I was talking to a person on another forum and he maintained that
> grammatically HO KYRIOS in John 20:28 was referring to God the Father.
> Setting aside theological considerations, does the grammer allow for this
> understanding?

Randy,

For an extensive and careful discussion of the grammar of this text see:

"Jesus as God",  Murray J. Harris, Baker 1992 pages 105-129.

Not everyone on this list will agree with Harris but there is no point in
hashing it all over in this forum AGAIN.

greetings,

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew