Good History of Biblical Greek/Koine Scholarshi p?

Decker, Rodney rdecker at bbc.edu
Wed Jan 23 18:36:04 EST 2002

Only a relatively recent grammar will provide the sort of overview and
evaluation that you are requesting.

"Koine," "hellenistic," and "biblical" Greek are essentially synonymous.
There are precious few non-biblical koine grammars that I'm aware of, so it
depends on what grammar you have. Those intermediate grammars that I listed
would be well worth owning. For biblical studies, I'd prefer Wallace and
Porter, with Young a close third. There are other major grammars (Robertson,
BDF, Moulton, etc.), but they are somewhat dated (though still serviceable
for many purposes).

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D.
Associate Prof/NT, Baptist Bible Seminary
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, USA
<http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/>
PURL: <http://purl.oclc.org/NT_Resources/>