Good History of Biblical Greek/Koine Scholarship?

Decker, Rodney rdecker at bbc.edu
Wed Jan 23 10:07:31 EST 2002

One of the better such treatments is *The Interpretation of the New
Testament, 1861-1986,* by Stephen Neill, 2d ed. edited by Tom Wright (Oxford
Univ. Press, 1988). This deals with NT studies more generally, but I assume
from the issues you list that this is what you're seeking. If you want
*Greek* studies in a stricter sense, then perhaps a good resource would be
the introduction to a recent major grammar. In that category, perhaps Dan
Wallace's is the most recent with the most extensive introduction: *Beyond
the Basic of Biblical Greek: An Exegetical Syntax of the NT* (Zondervan,
1996). There are other "intermediate" grammars of recent vintage (e.g.,
Young, McKay, Porter), but they don't spend much time on the issues
concerning which you inquire.

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D.
Associate Prof/NT, Baptist Bible Seminary
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, USA
<http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/>
PURL: <http://purl.oclc.org/NT_Resources/>