Good History of Biblical Greek/Koine Scholarship?

Klaus Nomi a_king_ink at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 18:24:28 EST 2002

I am looking for good balanced resources on the History of Biblical
Greek/Koine Scholarship. All I have found so far are earnest Christian
Apology and narrow works motivated by Identity Politics (i.e. Does
Paul condemn Homosexuals, Inclusive Language etc).

What are the foundations of modern B-Greek scholarship?
Is there a secular element within the biblical Greek community?
What are the Historical Controversies/Conflicts?
What Historical theories have been Discarded?

This is the kind of questions I am looking for the answers to.

Please excuse my English.
-Klaus Nomi
-a_king_ink at yahoo.com

[Moderator's note: let's limit any on-line discussion to bibliographic
suggestions, please, acknowledging readily that there may not be a
consensus on any one of the questions to which Klaus seeks
answers and that every one of these questions is one that lies
outside the scope of B-Greek discussion. -cwc]