Titus 1:6 and Children

Bryant J. Williams III bjwvmw at com-pair.net
Wed Jan 16 11:55:16 EST 2002

Dear Polycarp66:

A straight forward reading of the context indicate that "father and child"
are referring to a familial relationship, not one based on a "spiritual"
relationship. The use of the ITm 1:4 and Tit 1:4 to mean other than a
"normal" relationship of father and child is an attempt to justify celibacy
of the priesthood which is not supported by any text.

En Xpistw,

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III