NIPTW

Polycarp66 at aol.com Polycarp66 at aol.com
Tue Jan 15 19:04:23 EST 2002

In a message dated 1/15/2002 6:49:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jburke at sprint.com.au writes:

> Oh, I've always understood that this is a euphemism - and it's used again of
> Saul in the cave of Adullam.  No problem there.  But no suggestion that the
> phrase is referring to the pudenda.  Otherwise you would have the seraphim
> going to the bathroom

No.  You have the seraphim covering their pudenda.  That this is the case is
relatively evident from the entire passage.

with two he covered his face - hiding his face from YHWH

and with two he flew - utilitarian

and with two he covered his feet - if not covering the pudenda, what then?
It is not simply utilitarian.  I is covering his "shame."

gfsomsel