NIPTW

SPAWN OF A JEWISH CARPENTER: CINDY SMITH cms at dragon.com
Tue Jan 15 04:27:53 EST 2002

In a discussion on another list, we were discussing 2 Samuel 11:8 in
which David tells Uriah, "Go down to your house and bathe your feet,"
and I agreed with another poster who said this expression using the
word NIPSAI in the Septuagint means "sexual intercourse."  What is the
Hebrew word here and does it mean sexual intercourse?  There are
numerous other places in Scripture where it clearly does not mean
sexual intercourse.  One poster suggested that Jesus is homosexual
because he bathes the feet of his disciples in John 13.  This, of
course, is preposterous, and I don't think the poster was serious, but
how does one linguistically distinguish between the two meanings?

Thanks.

Cindy Smith		I have further observed under the sun that
cms at dragon.com		The race is not won by the swift,
cms at 5sc.net		Nor the battle by the valiant;
cms at romancatholic.org	Nor is bread won by the wise,
			Nor wealth by the intelligent,
Me transmitte sursum,	Nor favor by the learned.
	Caledoni!		-- JPS Ecclesiastes 9:11