Septuagint

Ben Crick ben.crick at argonet.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 18:56:31 EST 2002

On Tue  1 Jan 2002 (19:39:07), maqhths_tou_hhfmou at yahoo.com wrote:
> I got a Septuagint and I would like to read it just
> for a chance for Greek practice but they're just to
> many vocab words I don't know.  Does anybody know of a
> readers lexicon for the Septuagint (like Sakae Kubo's
> book for the NT).  It would sure be invaluable.

 If you obtain the Lancelot Brenton edition of the Septuagint, you will find
 that it is a diglott with the English in a parallel column on each page.
 This provides a running "vocabulary" of each word in the Greek.

 Cover up the English column with a bookmark if you wish to read the Greek
 without constantly throwing sidelong glances at the English.

 ERRWSQE
 Ben
 <ben.crick at argonet.co.uk>
 http://www.cnetwork.co.uk/crick.htm