Greek Texts of the patristics

Steven Lo Vullo doulos at merr.com
Tue Jan 1 21:33:47 EST 2002

On Tuesday, January 1, 2002, at 01:04  PM, Mark Frazier wrote:

> Hi! I'm new to the group. I see that there is a discussion of Clement's
> Epistle. What is a good source (publisher, bookseller, or website) for
> Greek
> texts of the Apostolic Fathers?

Hi Mark:

Welcome! The text I am using at the moment is Accordance's tagged
electronic Greek text which includes the (untagged) Latin text, English
translation, and Greek, Latin, and English notes:

Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and English Translations
Edited and revised by Michael W. Holmes
Copyright ©1992, 1999 by Michael W. Holmes
Published by Baker Books, a division of Baker Book House Company
P.O. Box 6287
Grand Rapids, MI 49516-6287
Used by permission.
Lemmas and grammatical tags added by Dr. Rex A. Koivisto.
Version 1.0

This is an updated edition of _The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and
English Translations of Their Writings_, 2d ed. Edited and translated by
J. B. Lightfoot and J. R. Harmer; edited and revised by Michael W.
Holmes. The lemmas and grammatical tags need some work, but this is a
fantastic tool for studying the Fathers, especially in conjunction with
a tagged NT text.

Another text I have is the two volumes of the Apostolic Fathers in the
Loeb Classical Library series published by Harvard University Press
(ISBN 0-674-99027-7). The Greek text is accompanied by an English
translation by Kirsopp Lake. It also includes introductions and notes on
the Greek and English text. They are attractive, compact volumes that
facilitate carrying around.