Use of AUTOS

Brent Hudson brent at riveroflifembchurch.com
Fri Sep 28 11:09:15 EDT 2001

Hi Carl,
I appreciated your response to Art (he actually DID post here...excellent).

I re-read North and Hillard and while they do mention the special use of the
Nominative, they are quite clear that AUTOS in any case in predicate
position is intensive.  I guess because I have learned an error, I wasn't
reading it correctly.  After your explanation to Art, it is very clear.  I
imagine Smyth will become more clear to me now too!

I was taught this incorrectly in my beginning Greek class and it was
reinforced in my intermediate class and after that I understood exceptions
in terms of apposition.  This is really scary!

Brent Hudson